I came across this great app (http://panic.com/statusboard/) a few months ago and have used it to build a personal status board for my iPad. My statusboard currently consists of:
- World Clocks – The the time for places where I speak to people. Built with a little php by myself.
- Justgiving.com totaliser – The total amount I have raised so far for my 2013 London Marathon Challenge. Built by myself using the justgiving api which you can find at https://gist.github.com/mattsmallman/6063153
- Server Status – The status of the various servers I use based on a modified version of http://www.bensmann.no/server-statistics-in-statusboard/ which you can find at https://gist.github.com/mattsmallman/5383260
- Site Analytics – Site visitor statistics for my web sites using http://www.hiltmon.com/blog/2013/05/30/google-analytics-for-status-board-server-edition/
- Tube Status and Arrival/Departures – The status of the Waterloo and City Line service that I need to get to and from work. Using: http://tubetracker.co.uk/boards.php
- Default Clock
- SouthWest Trains RSS feed – Using the journeycheck RSS feed to keep update with problems on my train line.
- Default Weather
I have some more things I would like to do when I get a chance:
- New – Countdowns to next holiday or other events
- New – Running training tracker – Using the runkeeper api.
- Improve – Train RSS feed to only show items relevant to me items
- Improve – Tube RSS feed to only show items relevant to me
- New – To Do list – Using toodledo api.
- Improve – World clock – Add time of day icons
- Improve – Server Status – Add time since last seen
I will also update this post with links to articles on the items I wrote myself for those who are interested.